Marc-Alexandre Girard Lawyer
Me Marc-Alexandre Girard has been a member of the Quebec Bar since 2005 and practices primarily in labour law, municipal law and access to information matters.
Me Girard acts and advises his clients in provincial and federal matters regarding the application of various labour laws. In this capacity, Me Girard regularly acts in dismissal and grievance arbitration cases. He also counsels his clients in the daily management of their labour relations and participates in the negotiation of collective agreements.
Me Girard also acts on behalf of companies and municipalities in various types of files related to the application of municipal legislation.
In addition, in his practice, Me Girard has acted frequently in access to information cases involving public organizations.
Me Girard has also pleaded before various authorities, including the Quebec Court of Appeal, the Superior Court, the Tribunal administratif du travail, the Tribunal administratif du Québec, the Commission d’accès à l’information, the Commission municipale du Québec, as well as the labour relations arbitration tribunals in both provincial and federal matters.
Me Girard has also written various articles and lectured on many occasions.
Areas of expertise
- Access to information
- Commercial litigation and construction
- Municipal affairs
- Litigation involving a public administration
- Management consulting
- Human rights and freedoms within an employment context
- Collective labour relations
- Individual labour relations
- Occupational health and safety
- Essential services
Admission to the Bar
- Université de Montréal, LL.B., 2004
Professional activities and associations
- Member of the board of directors of the Complexe du Domaine St-Sulpice
Articles, conferences and seminars
- Conference for executives and elected municipal officials on the Act Respecting Access to Documents Held by Public Bodies and the Protection of Personal Information