Gilles Metcalfe Lawyer
Me Gilles Metcalfe is a partner at Dunton Rainville and part of the commercial law group that specializes in banking law at the Montreal office.
Throughout his years in practice, Me Metcalfe has developed significant experience in the areas of real estate law, banking law and construction law. He represents financial institutions and several private lenders in setting up guarantees, enforcing security rights and debt collection.
Me Metcalfe represents and advises several Canadian and American financial institutions and financial cooperatives that do business throughout the province of Quebec.
Me Metcalfe has developed a large network of material suppliers and sub-contractors for whom he offers a full range of services, from providing advice to setting up securities and from enforcing security rights to litigation.
Me Metcalfe’s experience and insight allow him to quickly identify the problem and propose effective and creative solutions. He is always attentive to his clients’ needs and tries to propose settlements tailored to their personalities, while respecting his mandate.
Finally, Me Metcalfe manages a team that specializes in his area of practice in order to meet the diverse needs of his clientele.
Areas of expertise
- Banking law
- Construction law
- Corporate and commercial law
- Financing and securities
- Real estate
- Civil litigation
- Commercial litigation
Admission to the Bar
- Montreal Stock Exchange, Certificate in Investing, 1982
- Université de Montréal, LL.L., 1980
Articles, conferences and seminars
- Teaching construction law, as well as the procedure to follow in collection matters, as part of the continuing education program for Echo Education, filiale du Groupe Echo Canada inc., since 2002
- Football instructor for minor league and CEGEP teams for 8 years
- Swim instructor and member of the West Island YMCA Aquatic Committee on the quality of teaching and succession training for 7 years
- Co-founder of the Matelas Bonheur group