Michelle Rosa Notary
Me Michelle Rosa was admitted to the Chambre des Notaires in 2008. Since then, she has been practicing in the traditional areas of notarial law, including real estate transactions, human rights and estates.
She is concerned with the protection of adults and vulnerable persons and received accreditation in non-contentious procedures as soon as she entered the notarial profession.
Me Rosa is passionate about planning and implementing strategies for estate transfers upon death and received training in tax matters in order to advise her clients based on the most recent developments in this area. She also acts as a consultant to many liquidators in the execution of their functions by settling their family members’ estates.
In order to increase public awareness of the importance of being well prepared for death or incapacity, she gives numerous conferences and training sessions on the topic to businesses.
Areas of expertise
- Real estate law
- Human rights
- Estate law
- Marriage, civil union and common-law marriage contracts
- Dissolution of civil unions
- Protective regimes: tutorship and curatorship
- Marriage and civil union celebrations
Admission to the Chambre des notaires du Québec
- Université du Québec à Montréal, Bachelor of Law, 2006
- Université de Sherbrooke, Longueuil Campus, Diploma in Notarial Law, 2007
- Accreditation in non-contentious procedures, 2008
- Université de Sherbrooke, Longueuil Campus, Master’s degree in Taxation – in progress
Professional activities and associations
- Member of the Association professionnelle des notaires du Québec
- Instructor at the Retirement Planning Institute
- Instructor at Cégep Marie-Victorin, Continuing Education and Corporate Services