Yanick Tanguay Lawyer
Me Yanick Tanguay, partner at Dunton Rainville, practices administrative law, environmental law and territory development and labour law. He provides advice and representation before the courts to several municipal and supra-municipal organizations.
He advises a diverse clientele, in both the public and private sectors, in labour law and administrative reorganization matters. In addition, his involvement as advisor to various businesses in administrative reorganization and strategic positioning matters provide a valuable asset to his clients in achieving their objectives.
Furthermore, and more specifically, Me Tanguay assists various public bodies in the development of their territory, as well as with the associated environmental issues.
Me Tanguay speaks and teaches at various organizations and associations related to the municipal arena. He is also an ethics advisor, duly accredited by the Ministère des Affaires municipales, des Régions et de l’Occupation du territoire.
Areas of expertise
- Access to information
- Municipal affairs
- Urban planning
- Constitutional law
- Education law
- Management consulting
- Collective labour relations
- Individual labour relations
- Essential services
Admission to the Bar
- Université de Montréal, Master of Administrative Law, 1999
- Université de Sherbrooke, LL.B., 1994
Professional activities and associations
- Member of the boards of directors of various chambers of commerce
- Business consultant in business development and strategic planning matters
- Founder of the Journée Informatique et Droit de l’Université Sherbrooke (1995)
- Vice President, Academic Affairs, Association des Jeunes Juristes de l’Université de Sherbrooke (1995)
Articles, conferences and seminars
- Speaker at the Comité de transition de la Ville de Montréal
- Speaker at the Union des Municipalités du Québec
- Speaker at the Fédération québécoise des municipalités
- Speaker at the Association des directeurs municipaux du Québec
- Speaker at the Association des directeurs généraux municipaux du Québec
- Speaker and author at the Association de la protection des malades en matières constitutionnelle et bioéthique
- Author of several articles published in specialized journals in the field of administrative law