Anne-Marie Coutu Lawyer, Mediator (civil, commercial and labour) and Arbitrator
Me Anne-Marie Coutu began practicing liability and insurance law for many years as part of a professional team specializing in insurance law. She then went on to focus on financial and banking services, including financing and collections, as well as on municipal, administrative and public law.
She offers periodic conferences in the business community, in financial institutions and to elected officials and managers in the municipal arena.
Combining her negotiation skills and leadership abilities, her work experience and career path, as well as her training as a civil, commercial and labour mediator, Me Coutu has the versatility to provide quality legal and strategic services that produce results.
Me Anne-Marie Coutu also distinguishes herself through her community involvement, including serving as president of the Événements Art, Musique et Culture de Saint-Donat, which produces the Festival Rythmes et Saveurs de Saint-Donat. She is also a member of the Club Richelieu de Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts and sits on the board of directors of the Fondation Richelieu de Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts.
Areas of expertise
- Municipal affairs
- Access to information
- Banking law
- Corporate and commercial law
- Bankruptcy, insolvency and reorganization
- Real estate
- Construction law
- Civil litigation
Admission to the Bar
- Bar School, Civil and Commercial Mediation, 1999
- Canadian Securities Institute, 1992
- McGill University, Second Language Certificate, written and spoken, 1991
- Université de Sherbrooke, Argumentation, 1990
- Université de Montréal, LL.B., 1986
Professional activities and associations
- Member of the Chamber of Commerce of Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts
- Past president of the Chamber of Commerce and Tourism of Saint-Donat
- President of Événements Art, Musique et Culture de Saint-Donat / Festival Rythmes et Saveurs de Saint-Donat
Articles, conferences and seminars
- Lecturer at financial institutions
- Author of legal articles for local newspapers
- Conference on starting a business at CLD Matawinie
- Training course at UMQ (convention) and to lawyers on the Access to Information Act (public organizations and personal information)
- Municipal management training for elected municipal officials