Daniel Babin Lawyer
Me Daniel Babin, who holds a Bachelor of Civil Law (B.C.L.) from McGill University, is a member of DUNTON RAINVILLE’s corporate and business law team and the banking law team.
Among his other achievements, to date, Me Babin has been involved in many transactions requiring the constitution, organization and reorganization of companies. He has worked on numerous sales of companies and has developed expertise in transferring the control of a company from its founder to its founder’s children.
Me Babin also has specialized expertise in drafting commercial contracts and agreements, including commercial leases, partnership agreements, shareholder agreements and franchise agreements.
In banking law, he has handled major financing files for large financial institutions that required the analysis of guarantees, the drafting of legal opinions, as well as the preparation of numerous documents, such as mortgages and guarantees.
In conducting these transactions, Me Babin has built a network of contacts within the major financial institutions and other financing partners, making him a dynamic member of our corporate, commercial and banking law team. He is recognized for his efficiency and meticulous work.
Areas of expertise
- Banking law
- Corporate and commercial law
- Bankruptcy, insolvency and reorganization
- Financing and securities
- Trademarks and intellectual property
Admission to the Bar
- McGill University, Bachelor of Civil Law (B.C.L.), 1995
- University of Ottawa , Master of Philosophy, 1986
- Université du Québec à Montréal, Bachelor of Political Science, 1983
Articles, conferences and seminars
- Guest speaker, International Business Law course at Concordia University’s John Molson School of Business, 2007.