Jean-Pierre Morin Lawyer
Me Jean-Pierre Morin is a partner at Dunton Rainville. His practice focuses on business law, insurance law and professional ethics.
Over the course of his years in practice, Me Morin has been called upon to advise large religious communities, top-tier financial institutions in Quebec, as well as a large number of small and medium-sized businesses. His advice is well-researched and his opinions are well-developed, always in the best interests of his clients.
Me Morin is an experienced litigator, having practiced before every jurisdiction in Quebec, as well as before the Supreme Court of Canada. He regularly pleads before the disciplinary councils and committees of professional orders.
Me Morin teaches damage insurance and has prepared various continuing education lectures for colleagues and damage insurance professionals.
Known for his meticulousness and integrity, Me Morin has extensive experience in ethics investigations, having accepted several mandates as an external investigator.
Finally, Me Morin has always been involved in his community as a volunteer for consensus-building organizations and those promoting the public interest.
Areas of expertise
- Banking law
- Corporate and commercial law
- Disciplinary law and professional ethics
- Financing and securities
- Real estate
- Civil litgation
Admission to the Bar
Université de Montréal, LL.L., 1973
Professional activities and associations
- Member of the board of directors and president of the Association pour la protection de l’environnement du lac Noir et de la rivière Noire (APELNRN)
- Chairman of the board of directors of the Société de conservation du Pain de sucre Mathalois
- Member of the Table de concertation du Mont-Royal
Articles, conferences and seminars
- Meredith Memorial Lectures, McGill University, Professional Discipline for Insurance Brokers
- Continuing Education course at the Chambre de l’assurance de dommages : la discipline professionnelle des représentants en assurance de dommages