Pascal Rochefort Lawyer, CIRC
Me Pascal Rochefort is a partner at Dunton Rainville and a certified human resources advisor. He practices labour and employment law. He has many years of experience in the fields of labour law and administrative law, for employers under both provincial and federal jurisdiction.
He advises and represents employers in all aspects of labour relations. He serves employers in the fields of communications, transportation, public services, manufacturing and the arts. Me Rochefort also specializes in labour relations for businesses under federal jurisdiction, as well as in injunction matters. He frequently acts as negotiator, spokesperson and strategic advisor to employers, especially in matters related to change management and organizational communications. He has considerable experience in all areas of labour and employment law and his practical business experience makes him a valued partner to his clients.
Me Rochefort is also a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Association des juristes pour l’avancement de la vie des arts and the American Bar Association.
Me Rochefort is currently vice president of the board of directors of the Fondation de l’Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés, member of the Montreal Symphony Orchestra Human Resources Committee, chairman of the board of directors of the Centre de recherche en art clownesque, vice president of the board of directors of the Centre de prévention du suicide Le Faubourg.
Areas of expertise
- Management consulting
- Disciplinary law and professional ethics
- Collective labour relations
- Individual labour relations
- Municipal affairs
Admission to the Bar
- Université du Québec à Montreal (UQAM), LL.B., 1994
- Université Laval, B.A. (Industrial Relations), 1991
- McGill University, B.A. History and Political Science (double major), 1989
Professional activities and associations
- Vice President of the board of directors of the Centre de prévention du suicide Le Faubourg – Laurentides
- Member of the Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers (CACE)
- Member of the Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés (CIRC) since 1991
- Member of the Montreal Symphony Orchestra (MSO) Human Resources Committee since 2010
- Member of the Conseil du patronat du Québec
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Chairman of the board of directors of the Centre de recherche en art clownesque (CRAC)
- Vice President of the board of directors of the Fondation de l’Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés
- Volunteer at the Club des petits déjeuners
- Member of the committee and close collaborator of l’Académie québécoise du théâtre (2001 to 2009)
- Former president of the national labour and employment law section of the Canadian Bar Association, (2004 to 2008)