Through their ongoing social and professional involvement, our professionals contribute to the firm’s growth, notably by contributing to specialized publications, teaching, speaking at conferences, participating in the management of public assets or collaborating in the management of non-profit organizations. These connections allow them to keep you abreast of key corporate and governmental concerns.
Many lawyers who have been associated with the firm over the years have served as judges in various jurisdictions.
- Late Honourable Gérald Le Dain served as Dean of York University’s Osgoode Hall Faculty of Law in Toronto, then as judge in the Appeals Division of the Federal Court of Canada before being appointed to the Supreme Court of Canada.
- Me Albert Bissonnette was a member of the anti-dumping tribunal.
- Late Honourable Benjamin J. Greenberg, Q.C., Chartered Arbitrator, former Quebec Superior Court Judge.
- The Honourable Gérald J. Ryan sat as a Superior Court justice in the District of Montreal for over 25 years.
- The Honourable Jean Girouard served as a Labour Court judge in Montreal for many years prior to his retirement.
- The Honourable Marc DeWever, the Honourable Michel Caron and the Honourable Michel Déziel serve as Superior Court of Québec justices.
- The Honourable Jean-Pierre St-Onge was President of the National Assembly of Québec and sat on the Court of Québec as Associate Coordinating Judge for the district of Longueuil, as did the Honourable Brigitte Charron, who also sat on the Court of Québec.
- The Honourable Jimmy Vallée and the Honourable Marco LaBrie are judges in the Court of Québec.
- The Honourable Sophie Beauchemin has served in the Montreal Municipal Court, as well as being Deputy President of that court and a member of the Conseil de la magistrature du Québec.
- In addition, one of the firm’s founders, the Honourable Maurice Riel, was appointed senator while he was still active in the firm.