Mandy Alessandrini Lawyer and Mediator
Mandy Alessandrini focuses her practice on family law.
Prior to joining Dunton Rainville, Me. Alessandrini worked in private practice with major Quebec law firms as a lawyer, legal counsel and mediator, primarily in the areas of contract law and family law.
She also worked as a lawyer in the legal department of the Attorney General of Quebec and carried out several mandates for Revenue Quebec during the reform and implementation of the Unclaimed Property Act.
At the beginning of her career, she was a researcher at the Quebec Court of Appeal and coordinator of the Centre de recherche en droit public (CRDP) of the Université de Montréal, one of the main legal research centers in the country.
She holds a master’s degree in law from the Institute of Comparative Law at McGill University and was a candidate for a Doctorate in law at the Université de Montréal. Her graduate studies were conducted in both civil and common law in contractual and extra-contractual liability. She is also an accredited mediator in family, civil, commercial and labour mediation.
Committed and passionate about the law, she conducts her cases with rigour and thoroughness.
Areas of expertise
- Family law
- Estates, mandates in case of incapacity
- Civil and commercial law
Admission to the Bar
- Université de Sherbrooke, Pleading Techniques (seminar)
- Accreditation in civil, commercial and labour mediation, Quebec Bar
- Accreditation in family mediation, Quebec Bar
- University of Montreal, Doctorate in Law (LL.D), schooling
- McGill University, Master of Law (LL.M)
- Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), Bachelor of Law (LL.B)
- Université de Montréal, Certificate in Law
Professional activities and associations
- Member of the Association des avocats et avocats en droit familial du Québec (Quebec Association of Family Lawyers)
- Member of the English-Speaking Bar Association
- Member of the Law Reform Subcommittee, Quebec Section of the Canadian Bar
- Member of the CAIJ Liaison Committee, Quebec Bar
- Member of the board of directors, St. Patrick Development Foundation
- Occasional practice permit, Law Society of Ontario – Ontario Bar (2017 to 2020)
Publications, conferences and courses
- La réforme de la Loi sur le divorce (Reform of the Divorce Act) – Interview (Droit-inc.)
- Power of Attorney and Mandates of Incapacity – Conference (BMO, Wealth Management)
- La médiation en droit de la santé (Mediation in Health Law)– Conference (Université de Montréal)