Simon Labrecque Lawyer
Simon Labrecque practices business law, commercial law, transactional law and corporate taxation. He focuses on mergers and acquisitions, sales of businesses, financing, corporate taxation, transactional taxation and venture capital.
Me. Labrecque has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, having acted in hundreds of transactions over the last twenty years, both on behalf of buyers, such as private corporations, venture capital funds, institutional funds and Canadian and non-resident investors, and on behalf of sellers, such as shareholders and target companies, mainly in private transactions. He has also represented major issuers of securities in complex transactions, including private investments and global financing and acquisitions.
Me. Labrecque acts as external corporate counsel and manages the legal needs of a broad client base in a wide variety of industries, including technology, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and distribution, financial services and real estate companies, as well as venture capital funds.
Me. Labrecque also acts in Canadian tax matters, particularly with respect to the implementation of corporate and tax planning and counsel regarding the purchase and sale of businesses.
He is also the author of “Selling a Business : A Multidisciplinary Checklist” which presents all possible and common legal and fiscal aspects related to the sale of a company.
Admission to the Bar
Professional activities and associations
- Member of the Liaison Committee with Business Lawyers, Montreal Bar (since 2015)
- Organising member of Réseau Capital (since 2010)
- Member of the organizing committee of the Association de planification fiscale et financière (APFF) conference
- Member of the business sections of the Canadian and American Bar Associations.
Awards and recognition
- Recipient of the Department of Justice of Canada Scholarship, Civil Law Section, for work on Canadian bijuralism.
- Finalist for “Lawyer of the Year 2007-2008 in Commercial Law” at the Young Bar Association of Montreal’s “Leaders of Tomorrow” Gala.
Conferences and courses
- Me. Labrecque is a frequent speaker and author for Wolters Kluwer CCH and APFF’s business law and tax practice.