Michel Lebeuf Jr. Lawyer
Michel Lebeuf, Jr. is a partner in the Business Law Group at Dunton Rainville’s Montreal office. He specializes in securities and corporate finance, as well as in mergers and acquisitions of private and publicly traded companies.
Me. Lebeuf has extensive experience in advising bidders and targets in hostile and contested merger and acquisition negotiations. He has advised underwriters and issuers in numerous financing transactions, including IPOs, direct equity offerings, acquisitions, private investments, and rights offerings, primarily on the CSE and TSXV exchanges. This experience extends across a variety of sectors, including, primarily, mining, oil & gas, telecommunications, biotech, real estate (including REITs), structured products, retail and fintech.
Me. Lebeuf also regularly advises his clients regarding corporate governance, securities, regulatory compliance, general corporate and securities law matters. He is often consulted by stakeholders.
In addition, he is actively involved in Canada’s emerging cannabis and blockchain markets.
Areas of expertise
- Corporate finance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate reorganization
- Real estate investment trusts
Admission to the Bar
- 2004, C.A.P.A. (Legal Practitioner’s Certificate), Aix-en-Provence
- Edinburgh Napier University (Scotland, UK) MBA in progress
- University of Montreal, LL.B., Civil Law
- University of Montreal, Bachelor of Political Science
Professional activities and associations
- Member of the Quebec Bar (Montreal)
- Chambre de commerce et d’industrie française au Canada
- Canadian Bar Association
- Honorary member of the de Maisonneuve Regiment and member of Canada Company
- Member of the CSE (Canadian Securities Exchange) Think Tank (Quebec)