Marie-Claude Leblanc Notary
Me Marie-Claude Leblanc has been practising law since 1992. She began her notarial career at Ile-Bizard and over the years, she successfully retained clients as far as the Vaudreuil-Soulanges region. She joined Dunton Rainville in 2022 to provide her expertise to Montréal-based clients while continuing with the support of her team to respond to the needs of clients located in Montréal’s West Island.
Recognized for her professionalism and her efficiency, Me Leblanc is also lauded for her human qualities, empathy, rigour as well as for her ethics, integrity and community involvement. She stands out for her comprehensive knowledge of residential and commercial real estate law, and human rights.
In these areas, she supports and advises clients in life-changing events, which include the purchase and sale of property, mortgage financing, marriages or common-law relationships, estate planning as well as the drafting of wills, protection mandates and testamentary trusts.
Me Leblanc’s expertise also extends to issues related to relatives with loss of autonomy, in vulnerable situations (trust wills) or incapacity (homologation of protection mandates and tutorships) or deceased relatives (succession). With regard to her business clients, she is involved in all stages of corporate restructuring and financing. When needed, Me Leblanc works closely with a seasoned team of corporate law and tax law experts at Dunton Rainville, enabling her to provide a wide range of quality services and ensuring her clients of all relevant legal protections.
Areas of expertise
- Notarial matters
- Real estate law
- Family law
Admission to the Chambre des notaires du Québec
- Certification by the Chambre des notaires du Québec with respect to non-contentious matters (tutorships and et curatorships)
- Université de Sherbrooke, Degree in Notarial Law
- Université de Sherbrooke, Bachelor of Laws
Professional activities and associations
- Speaker at various seminars organized namely by real estate brokerages, seniors’ residences and organizations for mentally ill people.
- Conferences at information workshops focused on estate planning and organized by the Centre Financier Vaudreuil-Dorion
- Trainer for various organizations on behalf of Cégep Marie-Victorin (training sessions on wills, mandates, protection regimes and successions)
- Member of the monitoring committee, Caisse Populaire Desjardins Sainte Geneviève de Pierrefonds (Caisse de l’Ouest-de-l’Île), 2003-2014
- Member of the board of directors, Residential centre for women and children victim of domestic violence La Passerelle, since 2014 (Vice-President from 2017 to 2020 and President since June 2022)