Phone : 514 866-6743
Fax : 514 866-8854
Louis-Philippe Bourgeois Lawyer, CHRP
Me Louis-Philippe Bourgeois, partner at Dunton Rainville and certified human resources professional (CHRP), focuses his practice on labour, administrative and municipal law.
Me Bourgeois has been a member of the firm for over thirty years. He specializes in labour law, primarily in the municipal and public sectors, as well as in public law, an area in which he has developed extensive expertise. In addition to having represented clients before administrative tribunals and all courts having jurisdiction in Quebec in administrative, municipal, environmental, labour and employment matters, he regularly acts as chief employer spokesperson and expert advisor to the human resource management of numerous public, parapublic and municipal organizations in the renewal of collective agreements. He also acts as an advisor on ethics and professional conduct and on policies governing such matters. His expertise is also sought after by large private national and international companies. Me Bourgeois is also on the list of ethics and professional conduct advisors on municipal matters, which was established by the Quebec Municipal Commission.
In the course of his professional activities, Me Bourgeois has been a lecturer for municipal associations and provided training in the areas of labour relations, municipal law and administrative law.
For many years, Me Bourgeois has been actively involved in various cultural, sporting and member organisations, including the Guillaume Couture Choir, the Metropolitan Orchestra Choir, the ARAL, the Club d’athlétisme Corsaires-Chaparral and Gym-Plus. He also served as chairman of the board of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Laval. Me Bourgeois is currently chairman of the board of the Information and Referral Centre of Greater Montreal, a non-profit organisation dedicated to providing community and social information, as well as to the creation of the 211 telephone line.
Areas of expertise
- Collective labour relations
- Individual labour relations
- Occupational health and safety
- Administrative law
- Municipal law
- Education, health and social services
- Access to information
- Constitutional law
- Human rights and freedoms
- Professional responsibility
Admission to the Bar
- Université de Sherbrooke, LL.L.
Professional activities and associations
- Member of the Order of Certified Human Resources Professionals
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Chairman of the board of directors of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Laval (2000-2001)
- First vice president and member of the executive committee of the Information and Referral Centre of Greater Montreal (1990-2000)
- Chairman of the board of directors of the Information and Referral Centre of Greater Montreal (2007 – present)
- Chairman of the board of directors of the Metropolitan Orchestra Choir (2012 – present)
- Pre-employment medical questionnaires: “Curiosity is not criminal, but it must be exercised with caution (« La curiosité n’est pas condamnable, mais il faut l’exercer avec prudence »)
- Bill 110: An Act respecting the process of negotiation of collective agreements and the settlement of disputes in the municipal sector
- The 211 telephone line: a service now accessible to citizens throughout the Greater Montreal area
- Dunton Rainville, partner in the RCGM’s one-day conference on the legalisation of cannabis
- The Information and Referral Centre of Greater Montreal’s 211 telephone line goes into service (article available in French only)