Phone : 514 866-6743
Fax : 514 866-8854
Bernard Mahoney Lawyer
As legal counsel, Me Bernard Mahoney provides our clients with forty years of experience in municipal law and related fields, namely in construction law and environmental law.
The varied professional mandates that he has handled over the course of his career have enabled him to develop particularly useful expertise in files involving the execution of major projects. Prior to joining the firm, Me Mahoney practiced municipal law, administrative law and civil law in the City of Montreal’s legal department. For nearly fifteen years, he managed the private law division of that department. His experience in the field of municipal contracts, drafting by-laws and presenting private bills, is regularly called upon in the interest of providing prompt and high quality service to the firm’s clients.
Me Mahoney also writes Publications and lectures on topics of interest in the municipal arena, particularly on issues related to the awarding of public contracts.
Areas of expertise
- Municipal affairs
- Public procurement
- Construction law
- Urban planning
- Access to information
- Education law
Admission to the Bar
- Université de Montréal, LL.L.
- Université de Montréal, B.A.
Professional activities and associations
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Legal Services Coordinator (Electoral Section) of the Transition Committee for the City of Montreal (2001)
- Responsible for the private law division of the legal services department of the City of Montreal (1987-2001)
- Legal advisor to the election chairman of the City of Montreal (1976-1998)
- Attorney in the legal services department of the City of Montreal (1974-1987)
Articles, conferences and seminars
- En matière d’adjudication de marchés publics, une municipalité peut-elle être équitable «avec discrétion»? Canadian Bar Association, 2010
- Nous faut-il réapprendre le B.A.-BA de l’adjudication des contrats municipaux?, Développements récents en droit municipal, vol. 203, Continuing Education department of the Quebec Bar, 2004, Édition Yvon Blais
- Course instructor at l’Université de Montréal (1982-1988)