Michel Bélair Retired Lawyer
Me Michel Bélair has been practicing in Joliette since his admission to the Bar in 1978. He worked at Ferland & Bélair before becoming a partner at Dunton Rainville. Me Bélair’s practice focuses primarily on civil law and commercial law.
In his practice, Me Bélair has counselled many companies and been involved in major financing and merger/acquisition files. In this respect, his greatest satisfaction lies in using his knowledge to contribute to the growth of these companies.
Me Bélair also acts as prosecutor for public organizations, such as municipal corporations, school boards and health and social services centres.
He constantly seeks ways, according to the circumstances, to avoid problems or solve them quickly, equitably and economically.
Me Bélair’s involvement in his community has been recognized on many occasions, namely for his work at the CCU of the municipality of Saint-Charles-Borromée.
Areas of expertise
- Municipal affairs
- Public procurement
- Health and social services
- Commercial litigation
- Corporate and commercial law
- Technology law
- Real estate
- Trademarks and intellectual proprety
- Construction law
- Professional liability
Admission to the Bar
- Université de Montréal, LL.L.
Professional activities and associations
- Civil and commercial mediator
- Member of the Comité consultatif d’urbanisme de la municipalité de Saint-Charles-Borromée
Articles, conferences and seminars
- Professional ethics advisor recognized by MAMROT, 2014