Pierre Girard Fellow Distinction, CHRP
Mr. Pierre Girard holds a Master of Industrial Relations from the Université de Montréal. He joined Dunton Rainville in 1996. Mr. Girard is a labour relations and human resources management specialist and has extensive experience in both the private and public sectors. He began as a senior executive in the human resources department of the City of Montreal, assuming the responsibilities of assistant director and human resources director. He then moved to the St-Hubert Group as corporate vice president, human resources and communications, having led a culture change focused on both increasing customer satisfaction within the framework of a corporate recovery plan and on a cooperative labour relations philosophy. Finally, he has continued to develop his consulting expertise since joining Dunton Rainville.
Mr. Girard has completed many mandates in labour relations, administrative reorganization, transition management, coaching and organizational development. Some highlights include:
- Negotiated collective agreements in various contexts and sectors (hotels, production companies, public services, etc.);
- Facilitated the implementation of changes in various environments;
- Provided management skills coaching for mid- to upper-level managers;
- Conducted studies on the role and method of operation of the human resources function, as well as on organizational structure, the distribution of tasks, staffing mechanisms, performance evaluations and remuneration;
- Conducted studies on the organizational environment accompanied by proposals for strategies for change;
- Conducted inquiries into workplace harassment allégations.
Mr. Girard has always placed great emphasis on management training and has implemented many courses for managers, primarily regarding labour relations management, change management and the prevention of psychological harassment.
His qualities in terms of strategic human resources and labour relations management enable him to provide significant support to your business in these areas.
Areas of expertise
- Management consulting
- Human rights and freedoms within an employment context
- Pay equality
- Collective labour relations
- Individual labour relations
- Occupational health and safety
- Essential services
- Université de Montréal, M.A. (Industrial Relations)
- Université de Montréal, B.Sc.
Professional activities and associations
- Fellow Distinction of the Ordre des conseillers en ressources humaines agréés CHRP
- Member of the Board of Governors of the Centre de perfectionnement de HÉC Montreal (1988 à 1995)
- Member of the Human Resources Committee of the Chamber of Commerce of Metropolitan Montreal (1994-1997)
- President of the Board of Governors of the Centre de perfectionnement de HÉC Montréal (1990 and 1991)
Articles, conferences and seminars
- Author and speaker on the topic of Labour Relations Management Adapted to New Realities: Toward Sustainable Profitability (in French), (2012)